Traineeship/Apprenticeship and the User Choice Program
Envirotech provides Nationally Recognised qualifications under this funding program, which are adjusted to suit individual business needs and apprenticeship programs for many of our courses. We provide flexible training options allowing for on-the-job training, with negotiations around time, location, and the nature of the training to suit individual business needs.
The User Choice program is a national initiative for trainees and apprentices designed to address specific shortfalls in the industry through employment supported education. It is a national policy governing the flow of public funds to Registered Training Organisations (RTOs). The purpose of User Choice is to make Vocational Education and Training (VET) more responsive to the needs of industry and employers.
The User Choice policy works in conjunction with the Australian Apprenticeships system, enabling employers and apprentices/trainees to: (1) Choose an RTO to best provide their training services, and (2) Negotiate key aspects of training, such as where, how, and when it is provided. The program entitles apprentices and trainees to have their course funded by the program. Additional federal financial incentives are available, subject to eligibility, such as up to $3000 payment for upskilling existing or new employees.
- Provide opportunities for skills-based training and development of employees
- Combine paid employment with training which leads to a Nationally Recognised Qualification
- Provide employers who employ eligible trainees with financial incentives
- Encourage people to enter into skills-based training through an Australian Apprenticeship or Traineeship
Students must be:
- 1. Currently employed – Existing worker
- 2. Approved by an Apprentice Centre for eligibility
Funding – Federal Employers
- Employers will receive a up to $3,000 as an Existing Worker Incentive payment for any eligible worker who enrols in a Certificate III to an Advanced Diploma level apprenticeship or traineeship.
- Employers will receive a $750 Australian School-based Apprenticeship Incentive Commencement and Completion payment for employing an eligible school-based apprentice or trainee.
- The training is a business skills investment in accordance with the business’s requirements.
Fundings – Additional QLD payments
Envirotech may receive further funding by the QLD government for certain courses. For any funded course the student pays a reduced tuition fee .
This funding is not available for international students.
How to find an apprentice or trainee
Advertise your apprenticeship or traineeship jobs via the local newspaper or internet job sites.
Contact your local Australian Apprenticeship Centre (AAC) to find out about potential employees.
Contact your local job agencies or services.
You may also employ someone you know or have had recommended.
Once you have found someone suitable, contact your local Australian Apprenticeship Centre (AAC). They arrange all the necessary paperwork and send a representative to meet with you and the employee.
Obligations – Apprentices & Trainees
- You must be employed for the duration of your apprenticeship or traineeship. Your employment can be full or part time.
- During your apprenticeship or traineeship, you are paid a training wage.
- You receive invaluable work experience and training during your apprenticeship or traineeship and receive a Nationally Recognised Qualification.
- Your employer can provide you with a combination of training and work appropriate to the needs of the business.
The apprenticeship or traineeship process
- Ensure you have an up-to-date resume available
- Contact your local Austrlian Apprenticeship Centre for information on job options and details of any prospective employers.
- Apply for jobs via the internet, local newspapers or local job agencies.
- Once you find an employer, contact your nearest Australian Apprenticeship Centre to confirm the details of the available incentives and to organise a training contract between you and your employer. At this stage, you can recommend Envirotech as your Registered Training Organisation.
♣ Your employees are trained to match your business requirements
♣ You can select from a wide range of training programs
♣ We offer flexible off-campus learning and ongoing face to face support.
♣ Your business may be eligible to receive a range of financial incentives.
♣ Earning while learning and gaining Nationally Recognised Qualifications
♣ Your traineeship forms the basis for increased employability and earning potential
♣ Your qualifications can enable you to articulate into higher level learning
♣ Your study is framed around your personal and professional commitments
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or Contact us by phone on 07-5535 3766. Make the most of this opportunity… Enquire today! Yes we can!
Please contact us today for applicable prices and funding opportunities.