Certificate III in Commercial Cookery
Wednesday (assessment day: Friday)
ENVIROTECH has designed a very comprehensive and competitive way of delivery. Our commercial cookery and Hospitality courses have three components: Delivery, Work placement and Academic assistance.
1. Delivery day: During your weekly classroom time you will learn and receive all the knowledge that you will need to become a competitive professional of the Hospitality industry.
2. Work Placement Day: Envirotech will provide you with the opportunity to have weekly work placement sessions where you will develop practical skills, relevant to the hospitality industry. This can either be your current work place or work placement provided by us. You will have to accumulate 8 hours of work placement with ENVIROTECH per week, this work is part of your course and does not count as part of your visa work restrictions; this is because, work that is a formal registered part of your course is not included in the limit of 40 hours per fortnight.
3. Academic Assistance Day: On top of that, you will also have weekly Academic assistance sessions with our trainers, where you would be able to evaluate and complement your academic training.
ENVIROTECH’s delivery mode is a comprehensive approach that together with all our learning resources will make you a very competitive professional of the Hospitality Industry.
Delivery day: Wednesday
Work Placement Day: Flexible according to your work place.
Academic Assistance Day: Friday
This qualification is suitable for an Australian Apprenticeship pathway.
This program is a full-time course completed over a period of 32 academic weeks plus 9-12 weeks holiday, depending on student’s intake date.
Each academic week comprises 15 hours of study.
Each academic week consists of one face to face full day and one day vocational placement.
*PREREQUISITE – SITXFSA101 Use hygienic practices for food safety
SITHCCC101 Use food preparation equipment *
BSBWOR203B Work effectively with others
HLTAID003 Provide first aid
BSBDIV501A Manage diversity in the workplace
SITXHRM402 Lead and manage people
SITXHRM301 Coach others in job skills
SITXMGT401 Monitor work operations
BSBSUS201A Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
SITXINV202 Maintain the quality of perishable items *
SITXWHS101 Participate in safe work practices
SITXFSA201 Participate in safe food handling practices
SITHKOP302 Plan and cost basic menus
SITHCCC201 Produce dishes using basic methods of cookery *
SITHCCC203 Produce stocks, sauces and soups *
SITHCCC204 Produce vegetable, fruit, egg and farinaceous dishes *
SITHCCC303 Produce meat dishes *
SITHCCC301 Produce poultry dishes *
SITHCCC302 Produce seafood dishes *
SITHCCC202 Produce appetisers and salads *
SITHCCC308 Produce cakes, pastries and breads *
SITHPAT306 Produce desserts *
SITHCCC307 Prepare food to meet special dietary requirements *
SITHCCC309 Work effectively as a cook *
SITHKOP101 Clean kitchen premises and equipment *
Envirotech Institute of Education reserves the right to amend course structure to meet changing industry demands
This qualification provides a pathway to work as a commercial cook in organisations such as restaurants, hotels, clubs, pubs, cafes, cafeterias and coffee shops.
Possible job title includes:
No licensing, legislative, regulatory or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of endorsement.
There are no entry requirements for this qualification.
These are some of the details of delivery and relevant resources:
- Classroom – International students MUST enrol in a weekly face to face class delivery mode.
- Relevant work placement
- Blended Learning – Periodic Workshops and Distance Learning
- Online- available through Envirotech’s E-learning training platform
- RPL – Recognised Prior Learning
Credit Transfer and RPL (Recognition of Prior Learning)
Credit may be given either through recognition of previous relevant study or through application of Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). If you have valid experience in the proposed qualification and you wish for it to be recognised or credited, please discuss this prior to or during enrolment, as any recognition will affect your course duration.
Please refer to the Envirotech Student Handbook, available on our website, or simply come to discuss this with us in the office for further information.